Website Privacy Notice
In order to deliver personalized and relevant information to you through our Site, we collect certain information from users.
Information We Collect
In operating our Site, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide directly to us by filling in forms on our Site, such as your name, email address and telephone number.
- We may collect personal details from you, such as your name, address and contact information, date of birth, birth place, gender, family composition, career history (e.g. CVs, recruitment details, education and training, language and other job-related skills, as applicable), financial information and/or information regarding your use of our resources.
- We may also collect information from you if you visit our events and trade shows or conferences, such as UST Insight events, NRF, ASCM, HIMSS, etc.
- We may also collect information from you if you sign up for our thought leadership and/or webinars, such as UST SmartOps Webinars, Quality Engineering webinars, etc.
- If you request information about our products or services, we may collect First Name, Last Name, Email Address, City, Country, State/Province/Region, Address, Postal Code, Company/Organization, Phone Number.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
By submitting a telephone number to UST Global you agree that a representative of UST Global can contact you at the number you provide, potentially using automated technology (including texts/SMS messaging) or a pre-recorded message. Your consent is not an obligation to receive any of our products and/or services.
A “cookie” is a piece of text which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, this cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us and our affiliates to improve our Site. They present the content from our Site in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our Site.
We track our users across time or across websites.
However, our web site does respond to web browser “do not track” signals and other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites.
We use flash cookies on our Site. Flash cookies are small pieces of information stored and accessed by Adobe Flash. If you want to disable these flash cookies, you’ll need to open up the Adobe Settings Manager, accessible either by right-clicking flash content and clicking “Global Settings,” or by navigating directly to your storage settings through the Flash Website. There you can clear some or all of your flash cookies manually through the Website Storage panel, or even turn off Flash Storage completely. However, please remember this could prevent some parts of our Site from working properly.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our products and/or services to you in the best possible manner. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information relating to our services and/or products;
- To fulfil or meet the reason you provided the information;
- To provide third parties with statistical information about the users of our Site;
- To monitor and conduct an analysis of our Site traffic and usage patterns;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order or governmental regulations, including, but not limited to, requests from public authorities, valid legal processes and/or discovery obligations;
- To establish and maintain contact with you;
- To respond to a security incident;
- For financial management purposes;
- To maintain our ethics hotline (report may be submitted anonymously), monitoring and auditing company functions, annual employee certification, office automation and collaboration and/or our internal Help Desk;
- To send you updates and/or other informational mailings;
- To comply with contractual obligations;
- For recruiting and employee on-boarding, pursuant to our mutual employment contract.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
To secure your information, we have put in place commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our Site.
Nonetheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically on our Site, and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any affiliated business entities or third parties necessary to provide products and/or services to you. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any), as well as third parties involved in the administration and operation of our products and/or services, and other legitimate business purposes. We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties, such as:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party, whether through bankruptcy proceedings or other sale or merger.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information, including, but not limited to, pursuant to a valid subpoena, order, search warrant or other law enforcement request.
- To third parties, including customers, auditors, accountants, attorneys, and other professional advisers and third-party companies to allow UST Global to comply with contractual, statutory and other obligations, and for the proper management of its business.
Where we disclose personal information for a purpose set forth herein, we enter a contract with the third party that describes the purpose and requires the third-party recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
In the course of operating its business, UST Global may need to transfer Personal Data collected in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries outside the EEA which may not have laws offering the same level of protection for personal data as those inside the EEA. As applicable, UST Global has taken steps to implement adequate safeguards to protect such Personal Data (as that term is defined under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)). UST Global maintains appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data against unauthorized or unlawful destruction use and against its accidental, loss, damage or destruction.
Retention of Your Data
UST Global will store and maintain your information for as long as necessary:
- To fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected;
- To meet its current and future legal obligations, including in compliance with UST Global’s record retention policy; and/or,
- As permitted to meet its legitimate business interests.
Personal information of individuals, other than employees, will be retained for 10 years unless permitted or required by law to retain for a shorter or longer period of time.
Third Party Websites
By accessing third party websites through our Site, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
Our Site is designed and intended for those who have reached the age of majority (18 years of age). By using our Site, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
No one under age 13 is authorized to submit or post any information, including personally identifying information, on our Site. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 13 use our Site. Parents or legal guardians of children under 13 cannot agree to these Terms on their behalf.
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: If you reside in California and have provided personally identifiable information to us, you may request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes under California’s Shine the Light law. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a resident of California, effective January 1, 2020, you have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”):
- to know what categories of personal information about you we have collected and used, including how the personal information was collected;
- to know what categories of personal information is being sold or disclosed and if it is being sold or disclosed to third parties and a list of categories of information that are sold; [or, if applicable: to know that your personal information has not been sold.]
- to access your personal information, including the right to download or transfer personal information collected during the previous 12 months (click here for more information on “Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights)
- to request that your personal information be deleted (click here for more information on “Deletion Request Rights” and
- to equal service and equal price for goods or services even if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If you are a California resident and you want to exercise any of your rights as set forth above, please contact us at email@example.com and URL. For all requests, it is helpful to put the statement “California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, describe the nature of your request, and provide your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. For more information click here.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Residents of the European Union
If you are a resident of the European Union, subject to applicable exemptions, here are your rights in relation to your Personal Data (as that term is defined under the GDPR):
- To be informed about the Personal Data that is held about you by UST Global;
- To request access to or a copy of your Personal Data that is maintained by UST Global and be provided information in relation to that data (including the purposes for which the data is processed and how long it will be stored for);
- To request that your Personal Data be corrected or deleted;
- To receive a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or to have your Personal Data sent to another entity;
- To restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- To object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- Not to be subject to a decision which is based solely on automated processing or profiling that could result in a significant effect on you, such as discriminatory effects; and,
- To file a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority for violations of data protection laws.
You may make these requests by contacting UST Global at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UST Global Inc
Mr. Sreenivas Ravindran, Data Protection Officer
5 Polaris Way
Aliso Viejo, CA – 92656
Effective Date: January 1, 2020